Mixed HTML PHP files

Fernando Rivas

27 Oct, 2010 09:06 AM

I think it's a very common thing to have PHP and HTML code in one file, sometimes this can be avoided including many functions and pieces of code within PHP files, but sometimes it's not. Are there any plans or is there already a solution in Aptant 3 to include code assist for both PHP and HTML in the same file?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Shalom Gibly on 27 Oct, 2010 06:32 PM

Yes, it's already in there.
    If you want to get both, you will need to work on a PHP project. Any code outside of the PHP open and close tags is treated as HTML, and has the HTML code assist. While any code inside the PHP tag, has PHP code assist.

-Shalom G

2. Shalom Gibly closed this discussion on 27 Oct, 2010 06:32 PM.

3. Fernando Rivas re-opened this discussion on 28 Oct, 2010 09:33 AM

4. 3 Posted by Fernando Rivas on 28 Oct, 2010 09:33 AM

Not quite, the only thing that works is keyword or classes proposal and tag autoclosing, but it lacks tag folding, tags outline, highlight of opening/closing tag, etc.

I may have some misconfiguration, but I've tried to start from a clean install, as a plugin, etc. and it's still the same.

5. 4 Posted by huhwtf? on 02 Jan, 2011 03:08 AM

BUMP.
    Im trying out aptana studio 3(Aptana Studio 3 Beta, build: 3.0.0.201009221205), and code folding does not work for me in mixed files... such as html inside of .php file.
    Or is there an option that i got to turn on, in order to have it?

6. Support Staff 5 Posted by Shalom Gibly on 14 Feb, 2011 07:43 PM

Hi,
    Beside the issue with the HTML outline for PHP files (which we are already aware of), our latest version seems to provide all the feature you mentioned here.
    We have HTML folding and open-close highlights, which you can see in the screenshot.
    Please make sure you have the most recent version, and post here if you are still missing anything.
    Thanks!
    -Shalom G.

7. Shalom Gibly closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2011 07:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac