JavaScript Toggle Comment

C. P.

11 Dec, 2009 12:27 PM

Hi,

I've been using Aptana Studio v1.2 for an year or so, did not upgrade because I was satisfied with the provided features.

However, upon upgrading to v2.0 a few days ago, and setting some shortcuts, I've observed one nasty little tidbit (after spending an hour or so trying to figure out which one of the "Toggle Comment" Key Shortcut I should be mapping in order to toggle JavaScript Comments and finally realizing it's done through the "Script" Feature) :

You cannot map a custom shortcut to a Script (In this case, it's Script -> Editing -> Toggle Comment, default shortcut being Ctrl+Alt+M). I would absolutely love to be able to use the Ctrl + / shortcut, as in v1.2.

And seeing that 2.0 is a real improvement (speed, memory usage, no more random crashes) as opposed to 1.2, I don't want to revert either.

Am I missing something ? I could try to monkeypatch the script but I do not know where they are stored / what kind of language they're using. I've upgraded to the RCs as well and no improvement.

System config :

Version : Aptana Studio Standalone (with RadRails 2), v2.0
Java SE 6.0 Update 14

Please tell me if I forgot to mention anything and thank you for a great open-source project !
Thank you in advance.

1. 2 Posted by ashebanow on 16 Dec, 2009 12:55 AM

there seems to be a bug here. There still is a comment command bound to Ctrl-/, but it doesn't seem to be working for some reason. You shouldn't need the script at all. I'm filing a bug ticket for this, we'll get it fixed asap.

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by Michael Xia on 16 Dec, 2009 08:11 PM

Implemented the fix and checked in to the 2.0 stream. It will get picked up by the nightly build tonight. You could retrieve the fix tomorrow by changing the update type to "Nightly Build" in Window->Preferences->Aptana->Updates preference page and then checking for updates through Help->Check for Updates. The 2.0 nightly build is stable in the sense that we're only checking in important fixes users have reported against 2.0.

Hope this helps,
    Michael

3. Michael Xia closed this discussion on 15 Apr, 2011 12:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac